Sunscreen Sweet Potato Salad
This summer salad is packed full of beta-carotene, lutein and lycopene. Enjoy as a healthy meal and support your skin at the same time!
- 1/4 cup each olive oil and red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 ounces baby spinach, stems removed
- Bake sweet potatoes in an oven at Heat oven to 400° F. Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Make a slit in the top of each sweet potato.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a large serving bowl. Stir in tomatoes, onion. Serve or cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Just before serving: Add spinach; toss to mix.
Pour vegetable/dressing mixture on top of sweet potatoes and serve immediately.